There are a wide variety of driver improvement courses for fleet drivers that help them improve behind-the-wheel performance. The training helps improve the safety of the drivers themselves and others on the road. It also helps fleets better manage risk, reduce insurance costs and build employee confidence in their abilities.
Fleets who put their employees into driver improvement courses receive a high return on their investment, supporting better safety and reducing the costs of vehicle repair and replacement, higher insurance rates and even legal action.
A well-trained group of drivers is the cornerstone of a successful fleet operation. Fleet managers only must consider the options available and choose the courses that best meet their needs.
Options for Fleet Driver Improvement Courses
Fleets have many options when deciding the best driver improvement classes for their employees. Driving Dynamics, which specializes in fleet driver training, details those choices in its Complete Services Catalog.
Fleet managers can choose from in-person behind-the-wheel training, instructor-led virtual training, online learning courses and virtual libraries with videos that drivers can watch to address their individual areas of opportunity. Some of the courses include the following.
These advanced performance, instructor-led courses cover a wide variety of issues that improve driver performance. They include:
- Instilling core driver safety competencies
- How to practice trailering safely and effectively
- Understanding how to safely use Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Teaching driver coaches how to effectively train drivers
- Learning the behavioral issues that impact driving performance
- Programs designed specifically to improve performance of at-risk drivers
Driving Dynamics also offers specialty programs that focus on auditing training for managers, corporate-sponsored teen driving safety, corporate-sponsored community events, and custom-built programs to meet unique requirements.
This tech-based driver education and risk management program features 15-minute to 30-minute video lessons on a variety of driving-related topics. They include:
- Avoiding collisions while backing and parking
- Preventing rear-end collisions
- Avoiding collisions at intersections or while changing lanes
- Avoiding aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Managing your time and speed
- Breakdown Safety
- Driving in the rain
- Driving safely next to large trucks
- Vehicle maintenance
- Cold weather driving
The DrivActiv iQuotient tool measures six safe driving dimensions in individual drivers. By assessing drivers in these areas, fleets can identify unsafe behaviors that may lead to crashes and injuries while driving. It’s an original approach that helps improve driver performance by helping them understand how their thoughts, feelings and tendencies impact their safety. The program strives to:
- Achieve better driving records by fostering safer driving attitudes
- Improve a driver’s self-awareness, leading to better safety behind the wheel
- Teach drivers more about individual driving personalities
Driver improvement courses lead to safer driving and reduce financial risk for fleets. All that results in better driver performance, operational efficiency, and higher profits.